Peninsula Feed Store
346 El Camino Real, Redwood City CA, 94062
Phone: (650) 365-6738
Peninsula Feed Store will remain open during this critical time as an essential service and will be operating according to the CDC mitigation measures of keeping a six-foot distance between people.
This includes customer-to-customer distance and customer-to-staff member distance.
Only two families will be allowed into the Feed Store at a time. If there is an excess of two families, a line will need to be formed outside of the feed store roll up door and customers will need to stand at six-foot intervals to maintain social distancing.
We are offering 'curbside pickup' for those who would prefer to remain in their car and delivery options to homes and stables (please call).
Peninsula Feed Store will:
•Encourage personal protective measures among staff (e.g., stay home when sick, handwashing, respiratory etiquette).
•Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily and
•Ensure hand hygiene supplies are readily available in building.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to our management team by phone 650-365-6738 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
October 1, 2020 Update
Yes, we have:
- Chicken feed (organic, Non-GMO and standard) and treats for your chickens including Bar Ale, Scratch & Peck, Purina, Modesto Mills
- Horse feed (organic, standard) and treats for your horses including Bar Ale, Triple Crown, Nutrena, Purina, All-in-one, Stable Mix, and LMF
- Feed for ducks, turkeys, game birds, rabbits, mini-pigs, goats, and pet rodents
- Wild and domestic bird feed and whole grains for racing pigeons, canaries, cockatiels, parrots and various types of wild birds
- Hay (alfalfa, grass, 80/20, timothy, oat, teff) and straw (rice and wheat) by the bale or smaller bag
- Chicken supplies (feeders, waterers, coops, hardware cloth for keeping chickens safe, nesting boxes, vitamins, heat lamps)
- Horse supplies (supplements, medicines grooming, fly control, salt, toys, etc.)
- Beekeeping supplies (hives, tools, smokers, protective clothing, accessories)
- We Deliver to homes and to Stables in Woodside and Portola Valley (please call)
- Pullets (we have some now and are working on getting more, please call and get on our list)
- Quail Chicks (we have some now and are working on getting more, please call and get on our list)
- Chicks (day old, vaccinated for Marek's, see schedule below) available at 9:00AM on date below
- Note all chicks are pullets (> 90% female) unless noted as straight run (50-50 male/female)
- Due to the high demand we may need to limit the number of chicks per family (please email details)
- Chicks sell out quickly so call first if you are coming from a distance (first come first serve)
- We are also hatching chicks in our incubator and will offer them when they have been accurately sexed
CHICK SATURDAYS! seem to be the new thing here at Peninsula Feed Store. Apparently Chicks are all the rage right now
and many people are wanting to begin this new adventure in raising chicks and some are adding/updating their current flocks.
For this reason, these Saturdays there is a line that forms outside the Feed Store, sometimes as early as 8AM.
The concern is making sure that you all are getting the breeds you desire.
So... If you do want a particular breed, please come early. We usually have chicks all weekend but maybe not the specific breed you want.
People are respecting their social distancing and we are trying to adhere to only two families in the store at any one time.
See you on a Saturday!
We still have a few:
Silver Spangled Hamburgs
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 3
White Crested Black Polish (straight run)
Silkies - (straight run) Buff, white and black
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 17
WINTER BREAK !
See Peninsula Feed Store featured in Climate Magazine (Page 16-19)